Skip to Main Content
Meteorology [Chapter 7]Author(s): D. G. Fox; H. C. Humphries; K. F. Zeller; B. H. Connell; G. L. Wooldridge
Source: In: Musselman, R. C., technical coordinator. 1994. The Glacier Lakes Ecosystem Experiments Site. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-249. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p.42-47.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (451.16 KB)
DescriptionGLEES is contained within the Snowy Range Observatory. This Observatory consists of many weather stations, precipitation monitors, and stream gages scattered throughout the Snowy Range. These sites have been operated by the Wyoming Water Research Center (WWRC) since 1968. Data from the sites are available from the WWRC and were last summarized by Wesche (1982).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFox, D. G.; Humphries, H. C.; Zeller, K. F.; Connell, B. H.; Wooldridge, G. L. 1994. Meteorology [Chapter 7]. In: Musselman, R. C., technical coordinator. 1994. The Glacier Lakes Ecosystem Experiments Site. Gen. Tech. Rep. RM-249. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station. p.42-47.
KeywordsSnowy Range, wilderness, subalpine, krummholz, subalpine fir, Engelmann spruce, geology, floristics, landscape, soils, aquatics, atmosphere, meteorology, hydrology, snow, deposition, watershed, monitoring, air quality
- Airflow patterns in a small subalpine basin
- Using wind-deformed conifers to measure wind patterns in alpine transition at GLEES
- The Glacier Lakes Ecosystem Experiments Site
XML: View XML