Skip to Main Content
Deck boards to floor boardsAuthor(s): Carolee A. Boyles
Source: Pallet Enterprise. 24(8): 42-45.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (107.84 KB)
DescriptionResearch shows that discarded pallets account for more than 2% of the solid waste found in the nation’s municipal landfills. In addition, more than 38% of hardwoods harvested in the country goes into the manufacture of pallets. This article describes a collaboration between North Carolina State University, the U.S. Forest Service and Waste Reduction Partners to transform used pallet lumber into attractive hardwood flooring.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBoyles, Carolee A. 2004. Deck boards to floor boards. Pallet Enterprise. 24(8): 42-45.
- Potential Material Sources for Board Products: Used Pallets and Wastewood at Landfills
- Recovery, reuse and recycling by the United States wood packaging industry: 1993-2006
- Changes and Trends in the Pallet Industry: The Use of New Wood Materials
XML: View XML