Skip to Main Content
Deck boards to floor boardsAuthor(s): Carolee A. Boyles
Source: Pallet Enterprise. 24(8): 42-45.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (107.84 KB)
DescriptionResearch shows that discarded pallets account for more than 2% of the solid waste found in the nation’s municipal landfills. In addition, more than 38% of hardwoods harvested in the country goes into the manufacture of pallets. This article describes a collaboration between North Carolina State University, the U.S. Forest Service and Waste Reduction Partners to transform used pallet lumber into attractive hardwood flooring.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationBoyles, Carolee A. 2004. Deck boards to floor boards. Pallet Enterprise. 24(8): 42-45.
- Potential Material Sources for Board Products: Used Pallets and Wastewood at Landfills
- Recovery, reuse and recycling by the United States wood packaging industry: 1993-2006
- Changes and Trends in the Pallet Industry: The Use of New Wood Materials
XML: View XML