Yield tables for managed stands of coast Douglas-fir.Author(s): Robert O. Curtis; Gary W. Clendenen; Donald L. Reukema; Donald J. DeMars
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-135. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 182 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (8.0 MB)
DescriptionYield tables generated by the stand simulation program DFSIM (Douglas-Fir SIMulator) are presented for a number of possible management regimes. These include a “normal” yield table; tables for stands planted or precommercially thinned to 300 and 400 trees per acre; tables for commercially thinned stands with and without prior commercial thinning; and tables illustrating the effect of fertilization with nitrogen. Guides are presented for number of trees to be planted or left after precommercial thinning and expected time of first commercial thinning.
These tables can be used as aids in choice of management regimes, guides to stocking control, and as a partial basis for estimating probable yields of future managed stands. Their limitations arise mainly from limitations of the basic data used in construction of DFSIM. Users are cautioned on some misinterpretations.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCurtis, Robert O.; Clendenen, Gary W.; Reukema, Donald L.; DeMars, Donald J. 1982. Yield tables for managed stands of coast Douglas-fir. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-135. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 182 p
KeywordsYield tables, simulation, growth models, fertilization (forest), thinning effects, Doug las-fir (coast), Pseudotsuga rnenziesii
- Guidelines for precommercial thinning of Douglas-fir.
- WestPro: a computer program for simulating uneven-aged Douglas-fir stand growth and yield in the Pacific Northwest.
- DFSIM with economics: A financial analysis option for the DFSIM Douglas-fir simulator.
XML: View XML