IUFRO Symposium on forest site and continuous productivity: Seattle, Washington, August 22-28, 1982.Author(s): Russell Ballard; Stanley P. Gessel
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-163. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 404 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (9.0 MB)
DescriptionThis Symposium was planned by members of the IUFRO Site Group (S1.02) as part of their on-going activities to facilitate the worldwide exchange of ideas among individual research workers and to promote the dissemination of research results in the area of forest site productivity. The Symposium consisted of three days of indoor sessions followed by a 2-1/2-day field trip through the forests of western Washington, including the Mt. St. Helens blast zone. The Symposium attracted 130 participants from 15 countries.
Acknowledgments are made to members of the Symposium planning committee: Stan Gessel, University of Washington; Russ Ballard, Weyerhaeuser Company; Chuck Grier, University of Washington; Dale Cole, University of Washington; Dick Miller, U.S. Forest Service; and Bob Powers, U.S. Forest Service. Thanks also go to the session moderators(George Bengtson, Tim Ballard, H. Zottl, Dick Miller, Bob Zasoski, Dick Walker) and Delores Batayola for running the Symposium so smoothly. The fine job done by the field trip hosts, Dick Miller, U.S. Forest Service; Dale Cole, University of Washington; Jack Winjum, Weyerhaeuser Company; and Bill Scott, Weyerhaeuser Company is gratefully acknowledged.The papers printed in the proceedings all received technical reviews and were edited by both the Symposium editors and the professional editorial staff of the Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, Portland, Oregon. Printing and production were supervised by the Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station, Portland, Oregon.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBallard, Russell; Gessel, Stanley P., tech. eds. 1983. IUFRO Symposium on forest site and continuous productivity: Seattle, Washington, August 22-28, 1982. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-163. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 404 p
- The Escambia Experimental Forest
- Miller Creek Demonstration Forest - a forest born of fire: A field guide
- Miller Creek Demonstration Forest ecology activities - a teachers supplement to the field guide
XML: View XML