Skip to Main Content
Logging costs for management planning for young-growth coast Douglas-fir.Author(s): .Roger D. Fight; Chris B. LeDoux; Tom L. Ortman
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-176. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 10 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (391 KB)
DescriptionLogging cost equations are provided that can be used for analyses of silvicultural regimes. These equations include costs for all phases of logging from felling to loading onto a truck. They are presented by various components so that the user can substitute other values if some components do not seem applicable. Where appropriate these costs vary by size of trees harvested and volume removed at a logging entry. It is especially important that these cost relationships be reflected in logging costs used in evaluations of silvicultural regimes because the evaluations will otherwise be biased to favor regimes that produce too much small wood and use thinnings that are too frequent, too light, and too expensive.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFight,.Roger D.; LeDoux, Chris B.; Ortman, Tom L. 1984. Logging costs for management planning for young-growth coast Douglas-fir. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-176. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 10 p
KeywordsCosts (logging), logging economics, timber harvest planning, management planning (forest), young-growth stands, Douglas-fir (coast)
- Stump-to-mill timber production cost equations for cable logging eastern hardwoods
- DFSIM with economics: A financial analysis option for the DFSIM Douglas-fir simulator.
- Stump-to-truck cable logging cost equations for young-growth douglas-fir
XML: View XML