Skip to Main Content
Preliminary crown weight estimates for tanoak, black oak, and Pacific madrone.Author(s): J.A. Kendall Snell
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-340. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 4 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: View PDF (71 KB)
DescriptionPreliminary tables for estimating dry weights of whole trees and of crown components are presented for California blackuoak and tanoak; total tree weight only for Pacific madrone. Crown component weights were generated from data of two earlier studies, one from the Appalachians and one from the Pacific Northwest.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSnell, J.A. Kendall. 1979. Preliminary crown weight estimates for tanoak, black oak, and Pacific madrone. Res. Note PNW-RN-340. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 4 p
KeywordsBiomass, weight tables, crown weights, hardwoods, tanoak, Lithocarpus densiflorus, California black oak, Quercus kelloggii, Pacific madrone, Arbutus menziesii
- Local volume tables for Pacific madrone, tanoak, and California black oak in north-central California
- Tanoak: History, ecology and values
- Foreward. Tanoak: History, ecology and values.
XML: View XML