Skip to Main Content
An improved tri-tube cryogenic gravel sampler.Author(s): Fred H. Everest; Carl E. McLemore; John F. Ward
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-350. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 8 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (551 KB)
DescriptionThe tri-tube cryogenic gravel sampler has been improved, and accessories have been developed that increase its reliability and safety of operation, reduce core extraction time, and allow accurate partitioning of cores into subsamples. The improved tri-tube sampler is one of the most versatile and efficient substrate sampling tools yet developed.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationEverest, Fred H.; McLemore, Carl E.; Ward, John F. 1980. An improved tri-tube cryogenic gravel sampler. Res. Note PNW-RN-350. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 8 p
KeywordsForestry equipment, stream environment, sedimentation
- A new method for reporting and interpreting textural composition of spawning gravel.
- Precision, accuracy, and efficiency of four tools for measuring soil bulk density or strength.
- Methods to measure sedimentation of spawning gravels
XML: View XML