Skip to Main Content
Recent (1977-1980) releases of imported larch casebearer parasites for biological control.Author(s): Roger B. Ryan
Source: Res. Note PNW-RN-377. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (99 KB)
DescriptionReleases of Diadegma laricinellum (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae), Dicladocerus westwoodii, Dicladocerus japonicus, Chrysocharis laricinellae, Elachertus argissaj, Necremnus metalarus (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae), and Agathis pumila (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) for biological control of the larch casebearer in Oregon, Idaho, and Pennsylvania included some newly imported stocks and additional release locations. More than 14,000 parasites were released at eight sites.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRyan, Roger B. 1981. Recent (1977-1980) releases of imported larch casebearer parasites for biological control. Res. Note PNW-RN-377. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 6 p
KeywordsParasites (insect), forest pest control, larch casebearer, Coleophora laricella, biological control, forest pests
- Development of methods for the field evaluation of Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae) in North America, a newly introduced egg parasitoid of the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
- An improved method for monitoring parasitism and establishment of Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae), an egg parasitoid introduced for biological control of the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America
- Suitability and accessibility of immature Agrilus planipennis (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) stages to Tetrastichus planipennisi (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae)
XML: View XML