Skip to Main Content
Red alder: A bibliography with abstractsAuthor(s): Charles F. Heebner; Mary Jane Bergener
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-161. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 191 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (3.12 MB)
DescriptionThis bibliography lists 661 references to world literature through Hay 1978 containing information about red alder (Alnus rubra Bong.). Included are publications about its taxonomy, biology and silvics, chemical and physical information about its wood and fiber, studies on its nitrogen fixing properties, and reports on industrial uses and economic considerations. Sources of cited publications are scientific journals, trade publications, special reports, and popular books. Abstracts or annotations are included for many references. Subject matter and author indexes are included.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHeebner, Charles F.; Bergener, Mary Jane. 1983. Red alder: A bibliography with abstracts. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-161. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Forest and Range Experiment Station. 191 p
KeywordsRed alder, Alnus rubra, bibliographies (forestry)
- Red alder stand development and dynamics.
- Red alder: a state of knowledge.
- Volume and taper tables for red alder.
XML: View XML