Skip to Main Content
Water quality of some logged and unlogged California streamsAuthor(s): Fredric R. Kopperdahl; James W. Burns; Gary E. Smith
Source: Inland Fisheries Administrative Rept. No. 71-12. California Department of Fish and Game, Sacramento, California. 19 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (41 KB)
DescriptionWater quality was monitored in 1968 and 1969 in six coastal streams in northern California, four of which were subjected to logging and/or road building (Bummer Lake Creek, South Fork Yager Creek, Little North Fork Noyo River, and South Fork Caspar Creek), while the others remained undisturbed (Godwood Creek and North Fork Caspar Creek). The purposes of this study were to characterize the water quality of the streams, to determine if the logging and road construction drastically altered water quality, and to collect water quality data which could be tested for predicting stream carrying capacities for salmonids.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKopperdahl, Fredric R.; Burns, James W.; Smith, Gary E. 1971. Water quality of some logged and unlogged California streams. Inland Fisheries Administrative Rept. No. 71-12. California Department of Fish and Game, Sacramento, California. 19 p.
KeywordsPSW4351, Caspar Creek, water quality, streams, salmonids, turbidity, logging, water monitoring
- Applications of long-term watershed research to forest management in California: 50 Years of Learning from the Caspar Creek Watershed Study
- Caspar Creek ecology project: annual report, 1967-68
- A watershed's response to logging and roads: South Fork of Caspar Creek, California, 1967-1976
XML: View XML