Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for Northwest Florida, 1994Author(s): Robert F. Clark; Raymond M. Sheffield
Source: Resour. Bull. SE-148. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 56 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (1.3 MB)
DescriptionSince 1987, area of timberland in Northwest Florida has increased by 3 percent and now totals almost 5.5 million acres. Area of nonindustrial private forest land increased 19 percent to 2.3 million acres. Area in pine forest types increased 5 percent to 3.1 million acres Area harvested annually and retained in timberland averaged 99,000 acres, whereas 148,000 acres of timberland were regenerated annually. Artificial regeneration was up by 52 percent. Volume of softwood growing stock increased 7 percent to 3.3 billion cubic feet and hardwood growing stock increased by 10 percent to 2.2 billion cubic feet. Average net annual growth increased from 188 to 247 million cubic feet. Annual removals increased by 14 percent to 186 million cubic feet. Annual mortality decreased by 26 percent to 29 million cubic feet.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationClark, Robert F., Jr.; Sheffield, Raymond M. 1994. Forest statistics for Northwest Florida, 1994. Resour. Bull. SE-148. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 56 p.
Keywordstimberland, forest ownership, timber volume, timber growth, timber removals
- Forest statistics for Florida, 1987
- Forest statistics for southeast Georgia, 1988
- Forest statistics for North Carolina, 1990
XML: View XML