Skip to Main Content
The ascent of waterAuthor(s): Melvin T. Tyree
Source: Nature. 423: 923.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (131 KB)
DescriptionThe transport system that drives sap ascent from soil to leaves is extraordinary and controversial. Like their animal counterparts, large multicellular plants need to supply all their cells with fuel and water.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationTyree, Melvin T. 2003. The ascent of water. Nature. 423: 923.
XML: View XML