Skip to Main Content
Oligomeric flavanoids. Part 15a. Base-catalyzed pyran rearrangements of procyanidin B-2, and evidence for the oxidative transformation of B- to A-type procyanidinsAuthor(s): Johann F.W. Burger; Herbert Kolodziej; Richard W. Hemingway; Jan P. Steynberg; Desmond A. Young; Daneel Ferreira
Source: Tetrahedron 46(16):5733-5740
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.1 MB)
DescriptionProcyanidin B-2 3 is subject to facile C-ring isomerizations in 0.1M NaHCO3 solution to form a novel series of 3,4,9,1o-tetrahydro-2H,8H-pyrano[2,3-h]chromenes 7, 9, and 10. The low percentage conversion of B- to A-type procyanidin 2 is rationalized in terms of an initial oxidative removal of hydride ion at C-2 (C-ring).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBurger, Johann F.W.; Kolodziej, Herbert; Hemingway, Richard W.; Steynberg, Jan P.; Young, Desmond A.; Ferreira, Daneel. 1990. Oligomeric flavanoids. Part 15a. Base-catalyzed pyran rearrangements of procyanidin B-2, and evidence for the oxidative transformation of B- to A-type procyanidins. Tetrahedron 46(16):5733-5740
- Implications of the fluorescence for the conformational analysis of polymeric profisentinidins and procyanidins
- Implications of the fluorescence for the conformational analysis of polymeric profisetinidins and procyanidins
- Condensed tannins: Base-catalysed reactions of polymeric procyanidins with toluene-α-thiol, liability of the interflavanoid bond and pyran ring
XML: View XML