Skip to Main Content
Hardwood Blanks Expand Export OpportunitiesAuthor(s): Bruce G. Hansen; Philip A. Araman
Source: Forest Industries. November, 3 pp.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis article reviews the latest statistics pertaining to the export of hardwood lumber to the Pacific Rim; discusses possible reasons for the emergence and growth of this market; offers alternatives to rough hardwood lumber (two forms of value-added, hardwood blanks); and develops estimates of prices needed at the mill to earn a 30% return on investment from the manufacture of blanks from a new facility.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHansen, Bruce G.; Araman, Philip A. 1985. Hardwood Blanks Expand Export Opportunities. Forest Industries. November, 3 pp.
- The Dollars and Cents of Conventional Processing of Standard-Size Blanks
- Conventional Processing of Standard-Size Edge-Glued Blanks for Furniture and Cabinet Parts: a Feasibility Study
- Low-Cost Opportunity for Small-Scale Manufacture of Hardwood Blanks
XML: View XML