Skip to Main Content
Empirical Yields of Timber and Forest Biomass in the SoutheastAuthor(s): Joe P. McClure; Herbert A. Knight
Source: Res. Pap. SE-245. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 84 p.
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Southeastern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (8.2 MB)
DescriptionMeasurements and classifications recorded at 24,775 Forest Survey plots established randomly throughout the Southeast comprise a vast source of information on timber stand development. Empirical yield tables developed from this source are reported for major forest types in the Region. These tables also serve as guides to yields of forest biomass by tree size and species groups.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMcClure, Joe P.; Knight, Herbert A. 1984. Empirical Yields of Timber and Forest Biomass in the Southeast. Res. Pap. SE-245. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southeastern Forest Experiment Station. 84 p.
KeywordsSoutheast, yield tables, forest biomass.
- Stocking and yield of Virginia pine stands in Prince Georges County, Maryland
- Normal yield tables for red alder.
- A tree biomass and carbon estimation system
XML: View XML