Skip to Main Content
HaLT: A computerized training program for hardwood lumber gradersAuthor(s): P. Klinkhachorn; C.J. Schwehm; Charles W. McMillin; H.A. Huber
Source: Forest Products Journal 39(2):38-40
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (663 KB)
DescriptionA computer program for training both novice and experienced hardwood lumber graders in accordance with the National Hardwood Lumber Association (NHLA) rules is presented. It is anticipated that this program will help alleviate the problems of improper grading by improved and continued training and make lumber manufacturers and purchasers more knowledgeable of the rules. This additional knowledge should help to resolve disputes that can occur due to varied interpretation of the NHLA rules. The program will have practical value both in the areas of testing and training lumber graders.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKlinkhachorn, P.; Schwehm, C.J.; McMillin, Charles W.; Huber, H.A. 1989. HaLT: A computerized training program for hardwood lumber graders. Forest Products Journal 39(2):38-40
- HaLT2- an enhanced lumber grading trainer
- User's guide to UGRS: the Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (version 5.0).
- Automated computer grading of hardwood lumber
XML: View XML