Skip to Main Content
HaLT2- an enhanced lumber grading trainerAuthor(s): Powsiri Klinkhachorn; Charles Gatchell; Charles McMillin; Ravi Kothari; Dennis Yost
Source: Forest Products Journal 42(10):32-36
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.2 MB)
DescriptionThis paper reports on HaLT2, an improved version of HaLT (Hardwood Lumber Traning Program)- a computer program that provides training in lumber grading. The newly added enhancements In HaLT2 will provide training for both novice and experienced hardwood lumber graders in accordance with National Hardwood Lumber Assodation (NHLA) rules. HaLT2 is more accurate, easier to use, and can be used to create boards that emphasize particular points of study. It can also be used to grade actual boards for evaluative use by industry, academia, and the NHLA. The feedback from these evaluations indicates HaLT2 to be accurate.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKlinkhachorn, Powsiri; Gatchell, Charles; McMillin, Charles; Kothari, Ravi; Yost, Dennis. 1992. HaLT2- an enhanced lumber grading trainer. Forest Products Journal 42(10):32-36
- User's guide to UGRS: the Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (version 5.0).
- Automated hardwood lumber grading utilizing a multiple sensor machine vision technology
- HaLT: A computerized training program for hardwood lumber graders
XML: View XML