Skip to Main Content
TRSys: A hardwood lumber grading training and remanufacturing systemAuthor(s): P. Klinkhachorn; R. Kothari; R. Annavajjhala; Charles W. McMillin
Source: Forest Products Journal 44(9):68-72
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.7 MB)
DescriptionThe Training and Remanufacturing System (TRSys) is a new training tool for teaching both hardwood lumber grading and remanufacturing of lower grade boards into smaller boards of higher total value. TRSys is based on the HaLT2, ReGS, and enhanced HaRem computer programs. The most important feature of this new program is its ablilty to evaluate remanufacturing beyond simple edging and trimming. Provided the result is an increase in value, up to four boards can be remanufactured from one large board. The TRSys program, like the HaLT2 and HaRem programs, is limited to processing rectangular boards.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKlinkhachorn, P.; Kothari, R.; Annavajjhala, R.; McMillin, Charles W. 1994. TRSys: A hardwood lumber grading training and remanufacturing system. Forest Products Journal 44(9):68-72
- TRSys: a hardwood lumber grading training and remanufacturing system
- User's guide to UGRS: the Ultimate Grading and Remanufacturing System (version 5.0).
- An introduction to UGRS: the ultimate grading and remanufacturing system
XML: View XML