Skip to Main Content
Lathe creates hardwood flakes for manufacture of "super strong" flakeboardAuthor(s): P. Koch
Source: Wood & Wood Products 78(10):32-34
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (760 KB)
DescriptionMost industry members got their first look at a prototype of the Koch lathe at this year's Southern Forest Products Assn. Machinery Exhibition held in Atlanta. With the residue from this machine, Dr. Peter Koch, project leader at the Southern Forest Experiment Station in Pineville, LA thinks it will be possible to create a flake that can be used for making a structural exterior flakeboard to compete in price and function with sheathing grades of plywood.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKoch, P. 1973. Lathe creates hardwood flakes for manufacture of "super strong" flakeboard. Wood & Wood Products 78(10):32-34
- Peter Koch: wizard of wood use
- Shaping-lathe headrig will stretch shrinking timber supply
- Meet your new president
XML: View XML