Skip to Main Content
Polymeric proanthocyanidins 13C NMR studies of procyanidinsAuthor(s): Lawrence J. Porter; Roger H. Newman; Lai Yeap Foo; Herbert Wong; Richard W. Hemingway
Source: Journal of the Chemical Society Perkin I:1217-1221
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionProanthocyanidin polymers have been shown to consist entirely of flavan-3-ol units by a combination of techniques including 13C n.m.r. spectroscopy. The 13C n.m.r. spectra of the polymers and related molecules are now considered in more detail. Prior to this study UC n.m.r. data has been published of procyanidins and related flavan-3-ols, and has been used to deduce the stereochemistry and configuration of procyanidin dimers.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPorter, Lawrence J.; Newman, Roger H.; Foo, Lai Yeap; Wong, Herbert; Hemingway, Richard W. 1982. Polymeric proanthocyanidins 13C NMR studies of procyanidins. Journal of the Chemical Society Perkin I:1217-1221
- Linkage isomerism in trimeric and polymeric 2,3-cis-procyanindins
- Condensed tannins: (4β→8;2β→O→7)-linked procyanidins in Arachis hypogea L.
- The phenolic extractives in southern red oak (Quercus falcata Michx. var. falcata)
XML: View XML