Skip to Main Content
Oligomeric flavanoids. Part 26. Structure and synthesis of the first profisetinidins with epifisetinidol constituent unitsAuthor(s): Petrus J. Steynberg; Jan P. Steynberg; E. Vincent Brandt; Daneel Ferreira; Richard W. Hemingway
Source: Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Trans. 1:1943-1950
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.9 MB)
DescriptionThe natural occurrence of the first oligomeric profisetinidins with (2R,3R}-2,3-cis-epifisetinidol chain extender units is demonstrated in the bark of Pithecellobium dulce (Guamuchil). Semi-synthesis using the appropriate flavan-3-ol and flavan-3,4-diol precursors permits unequivocal structural and stereochemical assignment of the novel dimeric epifisetinidol-(4β,8)-catechin and epicatechins 16 and 18, the trimeric bisepifisetinidol-(4β,6:4β,8)-catechin and epicatechins 33 and 35, the fisetinidol-(4α,8)-catechin-(6,4β)-epifisetinidol 37 and fisetinidol-(4α,8}-epicatechin-(6,4β}-epifisetinidol 39.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSteynberg, Petrus J.; Steynberg, Jan P.; Brandt, E. Vincent; Ferreira, Daneel; Hemingway, Richard W. 1997. Oligomeric flavanoids. Part 26. Structure and synthesis of the first profisetinidins with epifisetinidol constituent units. Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Trans. 1:1943-1950
- Recent Advances in the Chemistry of Condensed Tannins
- Variations in the heterogeneity of the decay of the fluorescence in six procyanidin dimers
- Flavan and procyanidin glycosides from the bark of blackjack oak
XML: View XML