Skip to Main Content
Molecular weight profiles of proanthocyanidin polymersAuthor(s): Vincent M. Williams; Lawrence J. Porter; Richard W. Hemingway
Source: Phytochemistry 22(2):569-572
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.3 MB)
DescriptionThe MW profiles of proanthocyanidin polymers (condensed tannins) from 32 samples representing a wide range of plant tissues of many different species have been obtained by gel permeation chromatography of the peracetate derivatives. The tannins vary widely in MW, with M values for the peracetates in the range 1600-5500. The MW profiles vary greatly from those with narrow, rather smooth distributions, to those which are discontinuous.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationWilliams, Vincent M.; Porter, Lawrence J.; Hemingway, Richard W. 1983. Molecular weight profiles of proanthocyanidin polymers. Phytochemistry 22(2):569-572
- Understanding the effects of lignosulfonate on enzymatic saccharification of pure cellulose
- Empirical analyses of plant-climate relationships for the western United States
- The effect of tannins and pH on the corrosion of metals in wood extracts
XML: View XML