Skip to Main Content
Kinetics on cocondensation between phenol and urea through formaldehyde IAuthor(s): Yasunori Yoshida; Bunchiro Tomita; Chung-Yun Hse
Source: Mokuzai Gakkaishi 41(6):547-554
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (1.2 MB)
DescriptionThe kinetics of the reactions of methylolphenols and urea were investigated using 2- and 4-hydroxybenzyl alcohols. The high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) using a reverse-phase column gave a clear separation between methylolphenols and hydroxybenzylureas. The molar ratios of hydroxybenzylureas to the corresponding methylolphenols in reaction mixtures were obtained from the ratios of peak areas of the chromatograms by using transfer factors corrected by quantitative 13C-NMR (carbon 13 nuclear magnetic resonance) measurements. The reactions of 2- and 4-hydroxybenzyl alcohols with excessive amounts of urea were found to follow the pseudo-first-order reaction.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationYoshida, Yasunori; Tomita, Bunchiro; Hse, Chung-Yun. 1995. Kinetics on cocondensation between phenol and urea through formaldehyde I. Mokuzai Gakkaishi 41(6):547-554
- Cocondensation of urea with methylolphenols in acidic conditions
- Kinetics on cocondensation between phenol and urea through formaldehyde I.
- Kinetics on cocondensation of phenol and urea
XML: View XML