Skip to Main Content
Proceedings: linking healthy forests and communities—successful strategies and future directions.Author(s): David L. Nicholls
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-631. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 51 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (650 KB)
DescriptionThe Linking Healthy Forests and Communities conference brought together a diverse group representing government agencies, traditional forest users, landholders, scientists, and small enterprises and other businesses related to nontimber forest products. The purpose was to exchange information, encourage cooperation, and raise awareness of environmentally and economically viable wood-products-related opportunities in Alaska. These proceedings include extended summaries of presentations by speakers and panelists at the conference. Summaries were compiled and edited by the USDA Forest Service, Alaska Wood Utilization Research and Development Center.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNicholls, David L. 2005. Proceedings: linking healthy forests and communities—successful strategies and future directions. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-631. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 51 p
KeywordsForest products industry, value-added wood products, nontimber forest products, manufacturing, marketing, Alaska
- Proceedings: hidden forest values—the first Alaska-wide nontimber forest products conference and tour.
- Sustainable production of wood and non-wood forest products: Proceedings of IUFRO Division 5 Research Groups 5.11 and 5.12, Rotorua, New Zealand, March 11–15, 2003.
- Alaska’s timber harvest and forest products industry, 2011
XML: View XML