Skip to Main Content
Mycoaciella : a synonym of phlebiaAuthor(s): Karen K. Nakasone
Source: Mycotaxon. Vol. 81 (Jan./Mar. 2002): Pages 477-490
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (504.51 KB)
DescriptionMycoaciella (Steccherinaceae, Stereales, Basidiomycota) is a genus of resupinate, hydnaceous, corticioid fungi with a dimitic hyphal system. Presently, three taxa are accepted in the genus: M. bispora, the generic type, M. brunnea, and M. hinnulea. As a result of this microscopic study, Mycoaciella is placed in synonymy with Phlebia (Meruliaceae, Stereales), two new combinations, Phlebia bispora and P. hinnulea, are proposed, and Mycoaciella brunnea is retained in Ceraceohydnum. The new combination Phlebia badia is proposed for Odontia badia, a species with a dimitic hyphal system of simple septate generative and thick-walled skeletal hyphae. Phlebia bispora and P. hinnulea possess a trimitic hyphal system consisting of thin-walled, nodose septate generative, thick-walled, aseptate skeletal, and slender, highly branched micro-binding hyphae. Resinous-capped hymenial cystidia are present in P. bispora, P. hinnulea, and P. badia. These three taxa and C. brunneum are described and illustrated.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNakasone, Karen K. 2002. Mycoaciella : a synonym of phlebia. Mycotaxon. Vol. 81 (Jan./Mar. 2002): Pages 477-490
KeywordsCeraceohydnum brunneum, Resinicium bisporum, Odontia hinnulea, Odontia badia, Acia denticulata, micro-binding hyphae
- Rhizochaete, a new genus of phanerochaetoid fungi
- Type studies of resupinate hydnaceous Hymenomycetes described by Patouillard
- Dendrothele griseocana (Corticiaceae) and related taxa with hyphal pegs
XML: View XML