Skip to Main Content
"Investigations of salmon and steelhead trout downstream migrations in Caspar Creek and Little River, Mendocino County, March-July, 1993"Author(s): Albert Rodriguez; Weldon Jones
Source: Unpublished Report, California Department of Fish and Game, Sacramento, California. 16 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (372 KB)
DescriptionAbstract - This annual study has been conducted, since 1987, on two coastal streams, in order to observe the different trend patterns of juvenile out migrations for coho salmon and steelhead-trout, figure 1. Analysis of the 1993 trapping season indicates, at Little River, a decrease of steelhead-trout yearlings but an increase in coho ""y+"". Coho and trout yearlings, at Caspar Creek, simultaneously tapered in late May and were similar in magnitude, appendix 1 and graph 2. Coho ""y+"" smolts, at both estuaries, migrated from late April till late May. Steelhead-trout ""y+"" smolts were recorded migrating out, during the late May and early June period
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRodriguez, Albert; Jones, Weldon. 1993. "Investigations of salmon and steelhead trout downstream migrations in Caspar Creek and Little River, Mendocino County, March-July, 1993". Unpublished Report, California Department of Fish and Game, Sacramento, California. 16 p.
KeywordsPSW4351, Caspar Creek, salmon, steelhead trout, salmonids, strea
- Effects of steelhead density on growth of Coho salmon in a small coastal California stream
- Water velocity influences prey detection and capture by drift-feeding juvenile coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) and steelhead (Oncorhynchus mykiss irideus)
- Temperature-dependent interactions between juvenile steelhead and Sacramento pikeminnow in laboratory streams
XML: View XML