Skip to Main Content
Ponderosa pine managed-yield simulator: PPSIM users guide.Author(s): D.J. DeMars; J.W. Barrett
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-203. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 36 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
Download Publication (2.26 MB)
DescriptionPPSIM simulates yields of natural and managed ponderosa pine stands. Management practices and effects that can be simulated include commercial thinning, fertilization, genetic improvement, and presence of dwarf mistletoe.
An option is available that adjusts growth to simulate local conditions. Equations used in PPSIM describe growth of natural stands, estimate the volume increment of thinned stands, and predict the amount and timing of mortality in natural stands. The Fortran IV program is available from the authors on request.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDeMars, D.J.; Barrett, J.W. 1987. Ponderosa pine managed-yield simulator: PPSIM users guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-203. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 36 p
KeywordsSimulation, computer programs/programing, yield (forest), ponderosa pine, Pinus ponderosa
- Should ponderosa pine be planted on lodgepole pine sites?
- Predicting the effects of tropospheric ozone on regional productivity of ponderosa pine and white fir.
- Estimating value and volume of ponderosa pine trees by equations.
XML: View XML