Skip to Main Content
Hardwood distribution maps for the southAuthor(s): Arnold Hedlund; Herbert A. Knight
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-19. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 13 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (9.8 MB)
DescriptionThe maps in this report describe the relative concentration as well as the approximate range of 12 hardwood species and groups of species in the Southern States from Virginia to Oklahoma and Texas. They represent an initial endeavor to show volumetric distribution of major hardwoods on a regional basis. Similar maps are available for softwoods.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationHedlund, Arnold; Knight, Herbert A. 1969. Hardwood distribution maps for the south. Resour. Bull. SO-19. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 13 p.
- Hardwood distribution on pine sites in the south
- A 3D stand generator for central Appalachian hardwood forests
- Mapping hardwood mortality for the early detection of P. ramorum: an assessment of aerial surveys and object-oriented image analysis
XML: View XML