Skip to Main Content
Computer model for economic study of unbleached kraft paperboard productionAuthor(s): Peter J. Ince
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL 42. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory; 1984. 42 pages
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.3 MB)
DescriptionUnbleached kraft paperboard is produced from wood fiber in an industrial papermaking process. A highly specific and detailed model of the process is presented. The model is also presented as a working computer program. A user of the computer program will provide data on physical parameters of the process and on prices of material inputs and outputs. The program is then used to calculate material and energy requirements of the process, and to calculate related revenues and variable costs. The program does not derive capital costs or fixed costs. The program is most useful in estimating precisely the economic impact of changes in physical parameters of the process, changes in technology, or changes in related prices. As such, the model can be used to estimate the economic effect, on revenues and costs, of technological changes or changes in prices.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationInce, Peter J. 1984. Computer model for economic study of unbleached kraft paperboard production. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL 42. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory; 1984. 42 pages
KeywordsEconomics, technology, unbleached kraft, paperboard, process, computer model
- PARVCOST : a particleboard variable cost program
- DEP : a computer program for evaluating lumber drying costs and investments
- Economic analysis of a small-sized combined heat and power plant using forest biomass in the Republic of Korea
XML: View XML