Skip to Main Content
A provisional name for taxon of Phanerochaete from South AfricaAuthor(s): T.H. De Koker; H. Burdsall; B.J.H. Janse; Rajinder Lal
Source: Sydowia. Vol. 52, no. 1 (2000): Pages 10-15
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (105 KB)
DescriptionPhanerochaete “pseudomagnoliae” nom. prov. isolated from decayed wood, collected in Stellenbosch, South Africa, is described and illustrated. From fruiting in culture it differs from previously described species of the genus Phanerochaete in that the basidiospores are smaller and it does not produce many chlamydospores on Malt Extract Agar but only on xylose containing liquid media. Phanerochaete “pseudomagnoliae” is compared with other similar species in Phanerochaete. Preliminary biochemical characterization of the strain is included.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDe Koker, T.H.; Burdsall, H.; Janse, B.J.H. 2000. A provisional name for taxon of Phanerochaete from South Africa. Sydowia. Vol. 52, no. 1 (2000): Pages 10-15
KeywordsWhite-rot fungi, basidiomycetes, ligninolytic fungi, Phanerochaete, taxonomy
- The genus Phanerochaete (Corticiaceae, Basidiomycotina) sensu lato in Uruguay
- A Contribution to the Taxonomy of Rhizochaete (Polyporales, Basidiomycota)
- Phanerochaete chrysosporium genomics
XML: View XML