Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Louisiana forest industry statistics, 1962Author(s): Joe F. Christopher; Erin R. Gunter
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-2. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 20 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (839 KB)
DescriptionThis report summarizes information on the 1962 production of industrial roundwood (except pulpwood) in Louisiana. Because parish output is included--as well as State totals--this report should be locally useful to foresters, economists, and others concerned with the formation of forestry programs, the evaluation of timber production trends, the appraisal of plant location opportunities, and outlets for marketing timber products.
The data were collected by the Louisiana Forestry Commission and compiled by the Southern Forest Experiment Station. Information on pulp- wood production is issued annually in a separate report prepared by the Southern Station in cooperation with the Southeastern Forest Experiment Station and the Southern Pulpwood Conservation Association.
Also included here is a list of the primary wood-using plants in the State. Though an effort was made to locate all active plants, a few may have been accidentally missed. Omission of a firm, therefore, is no reflection upon its activities, nor does inclusion constitute a recommendation.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationChristopher, Joe F.; Gunter, Erin R. 1963. Louisiana forest industry statistics, 1962. Resour. Bull. SO-2. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 20 p.
- A field guide for the identification of invasive plants in southern forests
- Midwest veneer industry
- A management guide for invasive plants in southern forests
XML: View XML