Skip to Main Content
Prescreening slash pine and Cronartium pedigrees for evaluation of complementary gene action in fusiform rust disease.Author(s): H.E. Stelzer; Robert L. Doudrick; Thomas L. Kubisiak; C. Dana Nelson
Source: Plant Disease. 83(4): 385-389.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (144 KB)
DescriptionSingle-urediniospore cultures of the fusiform rust fungus were used to inoculate seedlings from 10 full-sib families of a five-parent slash pine diallel at two different times in 1994. The presence or absence of fusiform rust galls was recorded for each inoculated seedling at 9 months postinoculation, and percent infection levels for each family-inoculum-time combination were used for detecting differences among host families and fungal cultures and for identifying differential interactions. The existence of differential interactions between two or more fungal cultures and two or more host families verifies that complementary gene action does exist in this pathosystem. Some host families may be excluded from more detailed interaction studies on the basis of their redundancy and lack of participation in differential interactions.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationStelzer, H.E.; Doudrick, Robert L.; Kubisiak, Thomas L.; Nelson, C. Dana. 1999. Prescreening slash pine and Cronartium pedigrees for evaluation of complementary gene action in fusiform rust disease. Plant Disease. 83(4): 385-389.
- Derivation of host and pathogen genotypes in the fusiform rust pathosystem on slash pine using a complimentary genetics model and diallel data
- Responses of Wound-Inoculated Seedlings of Pinus elliottii var. elliottii and Pinus taeda to Mycelial Cultures Derived from Multople and Singel Basidiospores of Cronartium quercuum f. sp. fusiforme
- Relative Fusiform Rust Resistance of Loblolly and Slash Pine Sources and Families in Georgia and South Carolina
XML: View XML