Skip to Main Content
Results-driven approach to improving quality and productivityAuthor(s): John Dramm
Source: Proceedings : Wood Technology Clinic and Show Conference, 2000 March 15- 17, Portland, OR. [S.l. : s.n., 2000]: 7 pages
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (37 KB)
DescriptionQuality control (QC) programs do not often realize their full potential. Elaborate and expensive QC programs can easily get side tracked by the process of building a program with promises of “Someday, this will all pay off.” Training employees in QC methods is no guarantee that quality will improve. Several documented cases show that such activity-centered efforts often see little improvement in quality, cost, or productivity. The discussion in this paper builds on the quality improvement efforts of mill managers and QC supervisors by focusing on specific measurable and achievable results—the results-driven approach. Companies just beginning quality control efforts or those struggling to achieve measurable results will benefit from this information. Our goal is to increase your understanding and skill in where and how to begin an effective quality improvement effort in your operations.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDramm, John. 2000. Results-driven approach to improving quality and productivity. Proceedings : Wood Technology Clinic and Show Conference, 2000 March 15- 17, Portland, OR. [S.l. : s.n., 2000]: 7 pages
KeywordsQuality control, productivity, forest products industry
- Participants' perceptions of the 1997-1998 Missouri State Parks Passport Program
- Quality control troubleshooting tools for the mill floor
- National workshop on forest productivity & technology: cooperative research to support a sustainable & competitive future - progress and strategy
XML: View XML