Skip to Main Content
Floor vibration : a possible assessment method for historic buildingsAuthor(s): Robert J. Ross; Michael O. Hunt; Xiping Wang; Lawrence A. Soltis
Source: Journal of preservation technology. Vol. 32, nos. 2/3 (2001): Pages 23-25
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (658 KB)
DescriptionA new noninvasive technique has the potential to assess the in-place stiffness of timber floors.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRoss, Robert J.; Hunt, Michael O.; Wang, Xiping; Soltis, Lawrence A. 2001. Floor vibration : a possible assessment method for historic buildings. Journal of preservation technology. Vol. 32, nos. 2/3 (2001): Pages 23-25
KeywordsFloor vibration, historic buildings, stiffness, timber floors, vibration testing
- Nondestructive structural evaluation of wood floor systems with a vibration technique.
- Assessment of in-place wood floor systems
- Low frequency vibration approach for assessing performance of wood floor systems
XML: View XML