Skip to Main Content
ASTM Committee D-7 : Wood : promoting safety and standardization for 100 yearsAuthor(s): David W. Green; Robert L. Ethington
Source: Forest products journal. Vol. 54, no. 9 (Sept. 2004): Pages 8-18
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (162 KB)
DescriptionIn October 2004, Committee D-7 on Wood of the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) is celebrating 100 years of contributions to the safe and efficient use of wood as a building material. Born during a period of rapid social, economic, and technological change, the Committee faced controversial issues and the challenge of a changing forest resource. This article highlights the technical and economic challenges we have faced over the years, discusses some of the controversial decisions, and speculates on future challenges.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGreen, David W.; Ethington, Robert L. 2004. ASTM Committee D-7 : Wood : promoting safety and standardization for 100 years. Forest products journal. Vol. 54, no. 9 (Sept. 2004): Pages 8-18
KeywordsWood resources, standardization, safety, wood products, ASTM, American Society for Testing and Materials
- The next century of wood products utilization : a call for reflection and innovation
- Documenting the Durability and Service Life of Pressure-treated Wood
- Assisted migration: What it means to nursery managers and tree planters
XML: View XML