Skip to Main Content
Mycena sect. Hygrocyboideae in the mountains of the Dominican RepublicAuthor(s): D. Jean Lodge; B.A. Perry; D.E. Desjardin
Source: Fungi in forest ecosystems : systematics, diversity, and ecology. New York : New York Botanical Garden, 2004. Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden ; vol. 89: Pages -139
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (780 KB)
DescriptionA collection of Mycena epipterygia from montane cloud forest in the Dominican Republic was found to have one-fourth to one-half monosporous basidia mixed with bisporous basidia. It is described as a new variety, M. epipterygia var. domingensis Lodge, differing from M. epipterygia var. epipterygioides and other two-spored varieties in having smaller dimensions of spores from bisporous basidia and an abundance of monosporous basidia, as well as differences in ecology and macro- and other microscopic characters. An additional member of sect. Hygrocyboideae, Mycena griseoviridis, was found to be common in mid- to high-elevation pine forests of the Dominican Republic. All collections of M. griseoviridis examined closely resemble M. griseoviridis var. cascadensis described from conifer forests in Washington.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLodge, D. Jean; Perry, B.A.; Desjardin, D.E. 2004. Mycena sect. Hygrocyboideae in the mountains of the Dominican Republic. Fungi in forest ecosystems : systematics, diversity, and ecology. New York : New York Botanical Garden, 2004. Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden ; vol. 89: Pages -139
KeywordsAgaricales, Dominican Republic, Mycena, disjunct populations, taxonomy
- Four new species of Morchella from the Americas
- Boletes from Belize and the Dominican Republic
- The genus Agaricus in the Caribbean. Nine new taxa mostly based on collections from the Dominican Republic
XML: View XML