Skip to Main Content
Midsouth veneer industries, 1972Author(s): Daniel F. Bertelson
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-47. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 11 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
PDF: View PDF (2.7 MB)
DescriptionThe Midsouth harvested 2.3 billion board feet of veneer logs in 1972. Pine logs accounted for 93 percent of the total. Of the 101 active veneer plants in the region, 42 manufactured southern pine plywood.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBertelson, Daniel F. 1974. Midsouth veneer industries, 1972. Resour. Bull. SO-47. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 11 p.
KeywordsPlywood, log harvest, log receipts
- Production and receipts of veneer logs in the Southeastern and Midsouth States, 1988
- Veneer Log Production and Receipts in the Southeast, 1969
- Changes in product recovery between live and dead lodgepole pine: a compendium.
XML: View XML