Skip to Main Content
Estimates of site index and height growth for Douglas-fir in high-elevation forests of the Oregon-Washington Cascade Range: curves and tables for field application.Author(s): Donald J. DeMars; Francis R. Herman
Source: Res. Pap. PNW-RP-378. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 16 p
Publication Series: Research Paper (RP)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (687 KB)
DescriptionEstimation equations for height growth and site index were derived from stem-analysis data of Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii [Mirb.] Franco var. menziesii) in the highelevation forests of the Cascade Range in Oregon and Washington. Two sets of height-growth and site-index estimation curves and tables produced from previously published equations are presented-one set with U.S. customary units of measure and another set with metric units. These curves and tables were designed for use in the field by forest managers.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDeMars, Donald J.; Herman, Francis R. 1987. Estimates of site index and height growth for Douglas-fir in high-elevation forests of the Oregon-Washington Cascade Range: curves and tables for field application. Res. Pap. PNW-RP-378. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 16 p
KeywordsSite index, increment (height), stem analysis, stand age, altitude (site, Douglas-fir (coast), Oregon (Cascade Range), Washington (Cascade Range)
- Height growth and site index curves for Douglas-fir on dry sites in the Willamette National Forest.
- Site index and height growth curves for managed, even-aged stands of Douglas-fir east of the Cascades in Oregon and Washington
- Height-age and site index curves for Pacific silver fir in the Pacific Northwest.
XML: View XML