Skip to Main Content
COVER: A user's guide to the CANOPY and SHRUBS extension of the Stand Prognosis ModelAuthor(s): Melinda Moeur
Source: General Technical Report INT-190. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station; 1985. 49 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (600 B)
DescriptionThe COVER model predicts vertical and horizontal tree canopy closure, tree foliage biomass, and the probability of occurrence, height, and cover of shrubs in forest stands. This paper documents use of the COVER program, an adjunct to the Stand Prognosis Model. Preparation of input, interpretation of output, program control, model characteristics, and example applications are describe.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMoeur, Melinda. 1985. COVER: A user''s guide to the CANOPY and SHRUBS extension of the Stand Prognosis Model. General Technical Report INT-190. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station; 1985. 49 p.
Keywordsstand structure, crown width, crown shape, canopy closure, foliage biomass, shrub cover, shrub height, shrub occurrence, stand simulation
- A stem-map model for predicting tree canopy cover of Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) plots
- Supplement to The User's Guide for The Stand Prognosis Model-version 5.0
- Developments to the Sylvan stand structure model to describe wood quality changes in southern bottomland hardwood forests because of forest management
XML: View XML