Skip to Main Content
Supplement to The User's Guide for The Stand Prognosis Model-version 5.0Author(s): William R. Wykoff
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. INT-208. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 36 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Intermountain Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionDifferences between Prognosis Model versions 4.0 and 5.0 are described. Additions to version 5.0 include an event monitor that schedules activities contingent on stand characteristics, a regeneration establishment model that predicts the structure of the regeneration stand following treatment, and a COVER model that predicts shrub development and total canopy cover. Program performance has been enhanced by modifications to several of the submodels that predict tree increments.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationWykoff, William R. 1986. Supplement to The User's Guide for The Stand Prognosis Model-version 5.0. General Technical Report INT-208. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. 36 p.
Keywordsgrowth and yield, forest management, planning, growth projection, stand models, tree increments, tree mortality
- Stand-Damage Model with Java (Version 3.0)
- Predicting the recruitment of established regeneration into the sapling size class following partial cutting in the Acadian Forest Region: Using long-term observations to assess the performance of FVS-NE
- User's guide to Version 2 of the Regeneration Establishment Model: Part of the Prognosis Model
XML: View XML