Skip to Main Content
Forest statistics for east Oklahoma counties - l993Author(s): Patrick E. Miller; Andrew J. Hartsell; Jack D. London
Source: Resour. Bull. SO-177. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 62 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Southern Forest Experiment Station
View PDF (1.8 MB)
DescriptionThis report contains the statistical tables and figures derived from data obtained during a recent inventory of east Oklahoma. The multiresource inventory included 18 counties and two survey regions. Data on forest acreage and timber volume involved a three-step procedure. First, estimate of forest acreage were made for each county using aerial photographs. Classification of forest-nonforest points was accomplished, each representing approximately 230 acres. Second, these estimates were adjusted based on ground observations at 2,762 sample locations. Finally, field measurements were made at forest locations on the intersections of grid lines spaced 3 miles apart. At each forest locations, per-acre estimates were obtained from trees measured on ten 37.5 basal area factor prism points.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMiller, Patrick E.; Hartsell, Andrew J.; London, Jack D. 1993. Forest statistics for east Oklahoma counties - l993. Resour. Bull. SO-177. New Orleans, Louisiana: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Forest Experiment Station. 62 p.
- Forest statistics for Arkansas' Ouachita counties - 1988
- Forest statistics for North-Central Alabama counties
- Forest statistics for North Alabama counties
XML: View XML