Skip to Main Content
Pheromone interruption of pine engraver, Ips pini, by pheromones of mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)Author(s): Daniel R. Miller; John H. Borden
Source: J. Entomol. Soc. Brit. Columbia 97. December 2000
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (517 KB)
DescriptionThe effect of pheromones of Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins on the attraction of Ips pini (Say) to its pheromone, ipsdienol, was investigated in stands of lodgepole pine. The mixture of cis- and trans-verbenol significantly reduced catches of I. pini in traps baited with ipsdienol at three locations in British Columbia. exo-Brevicomin had no effect on catches of I. pini, irrespective of the enantiomeric composition of exo-brevicomin. Ipsdienol did not significantly reduce the attraction of D. ponderosae to traps baited with cis- and trans-verbenol, and (±)-exo-brevicomin.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationMiller, Daniel R.; Borden, John H. 2000. Pheromone interruption of pine engraver, Ips pini, by pheromones of mountain pine beetle, Dendroctonus ponderosae (Coleoptera: Scolytidae). J. Entomol. Soc. Brit. Columbia 97. December 2000
KeywordsColeoptera, Scolytidae, Ips pini, Dendroctonus ponderosae, pheromone interruption, synomone, exo-brevicomin, cis-verbenol, trans-verbenol, ipsdienol
- E-Myrcenol: A New Pheromone for the Pine Engraver, Ips Pini (Say) (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)
- Dose-Dependent Pheromone Responses of Ips pini, Orthotomicus latiden (Coleoptera: Scolytidae), and associates in stands of lodgepole pine
- ß-Phellandrene: Kairomone for Pine Engraver, Ips pini (Say) (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)
XML: View XML