Skip to Main Content
Finishes checklist : a guide to achieving optimum coating performance on exterior wood surfacesAuthor(s): Tony Bonura; Steve Bussjeager; Lynne Christensen; George Daisey; Tom Daniels; Mark Hirsch; Charles J. Jourdain; D. Douglas Mall; Bob Springate; Louis E. Wagner; Warren Harry; R. Sam Williams
Source: JCT coatings tech. Vol. 1, no. 3 (Mar. 2004)
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (481 KB)
DescriptionWhen the time comes for a consumer to select the wood and finish types for a given outdoor project, there is a wide variety of sources of information, articles, and opinions available. Occasionally, these sources will conflict, mostly due to the data available at the time of publication, or practical experience based on a snapshot of conditions at a given time period. It is our hope to make this article available as a tool for the consumer to weed through the confusion, obtain the best system for the particular application, and understand the compromises that can result from other choices. A bibliography is included for more in- depth research.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBonura, Tony; Bussjeager, Steve; Christensen, Lynne; Daisey, George; Daniels, Tom; Hirsch, Mark; Jourdain, Charles J.; Mall, D. Douglas; Springate, Bob; Wagner, Louis E.; Warren Harry; Williams, R. Sam. 2004. Finishes checklist : a guide to achieving optimum coating performance on exterior wood surfaces. JCT coatings tech. Vol. 1, no. 3 (Mar. 2004)
KeywordsFinishes, coatings, performance, wood surfaces
- The Use of Surveillance Data and Market Research to Promote Physical Activity
- Exploring gender differences in information search among domestic vistors to Yellow Mountain and Guilin, PRC
- Clear exterior finishes : finding the balance between aesthetics and durability
XML: View XML