Skip to Main Content
Light-frame wall and floor systems : analysis and performanceAuthor(s): G. Sherwood; R. C. Moody
Source: Gen, Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-59. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory; 1989. 162 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (3.1 MB)
DescriptionThis report describes methods of predicting the performance of light-frame wood structures with emphasis on floor and wall systems. Methods of predicting structural performance, fire safety, and environmental concerns including thermal, moisture, and acoustic performance are addressed in the three major sections.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSherwood, G.; Moody, R. C. 1989. Light-frame wall and floor systems : analysis and performance. Gen, Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-59. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory; 1989. 162 p.
KeywordsLight-frame, wood construction, walls, floors, structural performance, fire safety, thermal performance, moisture, noise control, acoustics
- Structural performance of light-frame roof assemblies. I, Truss assemblies designed for high variability and wood failure
- Survey of existing performance requirements in codes and standards for light-frame construction
- Low Frequency Vibration approach to asess the Performance of wood structural Systems
XML: View XML