Skip to Main Content
PLYMAP : a computer simulation model of the rotary peeled softwood plywood manufacturing processAuthor(s): Henry Spelter
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep, FPL-GTR-65. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 54 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (405 KB)
DescriptionThis report documents a simulation model of the plywood manufacturing process. Its purpose is to enable a user to make quick estimates of the economic impact of a particular process change within a mill. The program was designed to simulate the processing of plywood within a relatively simplified mill design. Within that limitation, however, it allows a wide range of options to be incorporated so as to customize the program to a variety of situations. The program should not be confused with a linear program-based optimization model. This program does not seek an optimum solution from a range of alternatives, but only makes calculations based upon user-entered assumptions.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, Henry. 1990. PLYMAP : a computer simulation model of the rotary peeled softwood plywood manufacturing process. Gen. Tech. Rep, FPL-GTR-65. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 54 p.
KeywordsProcess simulation, modeling, plywood
- VENVAL : a plywood mill cost accounting program
- Rough mill simulator version 3.0: an analysis tool for refining rough mill operations
- ROMI 4.0: Updated Rough Mill Simulator
XML: View XML