Skip to Main Content
Forest products from Latin America : an almanac of the state of the knowledge and the state of the artAuthor(s): Robert R. Maeglin
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-67. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 151 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (4.7 MB)
DescriptionIn 1985, the U.S. Congress mandated a program commonly called the Caribbean Initiative. To fulfill their portion of this Initiative, the USDA Forest Service developed a “Program for Tropical Forestry in Latin America and the Caribbean.” This document is part of the Forest Service program, and it was funded by the legislation for the Caribbean Initiative. This document is based on an extensive survey (nearly 3,000 documents) of the world literature pertaining to Latin American woods and their use. It contains a discussion of the resource, the literature, the state of the knowledge, and the state of the art in actual practice, by primary and secondary processing and by product areas within the processing options. A discussion about new initiatives and programs that are needed in research, technology transfer, and training is included. In addition, lists of references, the bibliography, and limited lists of the tree species are discussed in the literature.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMaeglin, Robert R. 1991. Forest products from Latin America : an almanac of the state of the knowledge and the state of the art. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-67. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 151 p.
KeywordsTropical timber, Latin America, forest products, research, manufacture
- Opportunities and goals of the Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Program - Partners in Flight
- Forest products from Latin America : annotated bibliography of world literature on research, industry, and resource of Latin America 1915 to 1989
- Forest Service programs, authorities, and relationships: A technical document supporting the 2000 USDA Forest Service RPA Assessment
XML: View XML