Skip to Main Content
Forest products from Latin America : annotated bibliography of world literature on research, industry, and resource of Latin America 1915 to 1989Author(s): Robert R. Maeglin; R. Sidney Boone
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-79. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 120 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (1.3 MB)
DescriptionThis document provides over 4,000 citations from the world literature on forest products for Latin America. Citations are grouped in 11 subject areas, with emphasis on products made directly from wood. Excluded are nonwood products such as rattan, bamboo, nuts, fruits, honey, and mushrooms. Also excluded are services from the forest, such as watershed protection, recreation, tourism, and wildlife. Primary sources of citations include USDA-AGRICOLA, CAB, and Forest Products Society’s FOREST (AIDS) system, which were searched electronically. Citations prior to the late 1960s were obtained by manual searches in the Forest Products Laboratory’s (FPL) Library and searches of the literature cited in documents. Citations are arranged by subject areas, author, and year. Annotations or abstracts are provided where possible. Approximately 4,000 citations are included; some citations are listed in more than one subject area, as appropriate.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMaeglin, Robert R.; Boone, R. Sidney. 1993. Forest products from Latin America : annotated bibliography of world literature on research, industry, and resource of Latin America 1915 to 1989. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-79. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 120 p.
KeywordsTropical timber, Latin America, research, forest products, processing, manufacturing
- Forest products from Latin America : an almanac of the state of the knowledge and the state of the art
- Non-indigenous bamboo along headwater streams of the Luquillo Mountains, Puerto Rico: leaf fall, aquatic leaf decay and patterns of invasion
- Effect of fabricated density and bamboo species on physical-mechanical properties of bamboo fiber bundle reinforced composites
XML: View XML