Skip to Main Content
Capacity, production, and manufacturing of woodbased panels in North AmericaAuthor(s): Henry Spelter
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL–GTR–82. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 17 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (590 KB)
DescriptionThis report is an informational report about four wood-based panel industries: particleboard, oriented strandboard, medium density fiberboard, and Southern Pine plywood. Items highlighted are trends in manufacturing and new plant costs, industry manufacturing capacity, and location. Recent data show the greatest amount of growth taking place in the oriented strandboard sector. Modest rates of growth are occurring in the Southern Pine plywood, particleboard, and medium density fiberboard sectors.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSpelter, Henry. 1994. Capacity, production, and manufacturing of woodbased panels in North America. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL–GTR–82. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 17 p.
KeywordsParticleboard, oriented strandboard, plywood, capacity, cost, prices
- Capacity, production, and manufacture of woodbased panels in the United States and Canada
- Wood-based panel plant locations and timber availability in selected U.S. states
- Review of wood-based panel sector in United States and Canada
XML: View XML