Skip to Main Content
National Conference on Wood Transportation StructuresAuthor(s): Michael A. Ritter; Sheila Rimal Duwadi; Paula D. Hilbrich Lee
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-94. Madison, Wl: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 494 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (13 KB)
DescriptionThe Federal Highway Administration and the USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, jointly sponsored the National Conference on Wood Transportation Structures, October 23-25, 1996, in Madison, Wisconsin. This was a direct result of 5 years of cooperation in conducting research related to timber transportation structures. The objective of the conference was to present state-of-the-art information on wood utilization in transportation applications. The conference included a plenary session, reviewing timber bridges throughout the world, followed by concurrent paper sessions on various topics. This report includes the papers presented at this conference.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRitter, Michael A.; Duwadi, Sheila Rimal; Lee, Paula D. Hilbrich. 1996. National Conference on Wood Transportation Structures. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-94. Madison, Wl: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 494 p.
KeywordsTimber, bridge, transportation structures, stress laminated, metal-plate-connected (MPC) truss, design, wood, fiber-reinforced plastic (FRP), railing, sound barrier, economics, glulam, glued-laminated timber, laminated veneer lumber (LVL), connector, portable bridge, shear, preservative, grading, pile, nondestructive evaluation (NDE), rehabilitation, load rating, mechanical properties
- (Eds.) Proceedings: Mass Timber Research Workshop 2015
- Development of a six-year research needs assessment for timber transportation structures
- Summary of U.S. research on wood transportation structures
XML: View XML