Skip to Main Content
Standard plans for timber bridge superstructuresAuthor(s): James P. Wacker; Matthew S. Smith
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-125. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 53 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (13 MB)
DescriptionThese standardized bridge plans are for superstructures consisting of treated timber. Seven superstructure types are includes: five longitudinal and two transverse deck systems. Both HS520 and HS25 loadings are included, along with L/360 and L/500 deflection criteria.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWacker, James P.; Smith, Matthew S. 2001. Standard plans for timber bridge superstructures. Gen. Tech. Rep. FPL-GTR-125. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 53 p.
KeywordsTimber bridge, design, standards, superstructures, plans
- Nondestructive assessment of single-span timber bridges using a vibration- based method
- A Field Assessment of Timber Highway Bridge Durability in the United States
- Field performance of timber bridges. 17, Ciphers stress-laminated deck bridge
XML: View XML